Saturday, June 20, 2009

Super Fun Podcast Time

I'm well aware that not every podcast I do with BDK is particularly exciting. Some weeks are just boring, with minimal releases where we tend to agree, which makes our discussions too calm for the attention span of your average Internet surfer. Well, this week's a doozy. We don't necessarily argue over the new movies (we both basically agreed on them actually), but it's the extra discussion that's real interesting. That or I'm just pretentious and love the sound of my own voice. Whatever.

On top of the week's new releases, The Proposal and Year One (look for those reviews soon), we talk about the June 30th DVD release of one of the most unintentionally funny movies I've ever seen (and one of my inevitable worst of the year picks), Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li, as well as my doling out two zero scores in two weeks (to the horrendous films Land of the Lost and Imagine That--read my reviews here and here), and topping off with a quick debate on which will be better: My Sister's Keeper or Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. Look for our actual reviews for those two flicks next week where I'll be calling in from North Carolina.

For now though, check out our podcast and don't forget to listen to BDK's Movie Show live every Friday night from 7-10pm or stream it on wjfk.com. You can also check out BDK's written reviews by clicking here.

BDK and the Beard review June 19th new releases: The Proposal and Year One.

No comments:

Post a Comment